LAST week saw the introduction of a new kerbside bin collection timetable, with about a third of Fraser Coast residents affected.
The new schedules caught a number of households off-guard – especially if their collections days hadn’t changed but trucks went through at different times.
If you’re still unsure about when your rubbish and recycling bins will be collected, click here.
The link takes you to a page on the Fraser Coast Regional Council website that includes an address checking function. You can enter your address and the old and new days appear.
According to Council’s website, bins should be placed on the kerbside by 6am on your collection day.
More helpful information:
- Bins are on the kerbside (not the gutter or road) with the opening facing the road by 6am on your collection day.
- Bins are left at least one (1) metre apart from each other.
- Bins are not overfilled. The lid must close properly.
- Bins do not weigh more than 75kg.
- There are no cars, trees or overhead wires blocking access to your bins.
- Bin/s are only placed out 24 hours prior to your collection day and retrieved within 24 hours after collection.
Division 7 Councillor Darren Everard said Council’s waste collection contractor, Cleanaway has reviewed its routes and schedules to ensure the Fraser Coast’s growing community continues to receive a reliable and efficient service.
“To ensure a smooth changeover there will also be a two-week transition period where bins will be collected on the new day as well as the old day just to make sure no one is missed,” Cr Everard said.
ALSO READ: Hervey Bay among Australia’s best towns
“We thank residents for their understanding and assistance in ensuring local waste collection
services are as efficient and reliable as possible.”
Hashtags: #goodnewsfrasercoast | #frasercoastnews | #frasercoast | #frasercoastbusinessdirectory | #finditfrasercoast
Keywords: Good News Fraser Coast | Fraser Coast News | Hervey Bay news | Maryborough news | Fraser Coast Business Directory | Find it Fraser Coast