THE Hervey Bay Seafood Festival is a firm favourite among Grey Nomads.
The festival was announced as the winner as the best Grey Nomad Festival Event this evening.
Organisers of the Grey Nomad Awards say they shine a light on regional Australia by showcasing the best places to stay and play, while also supporting positive aging through soft adventure and social inclusion.
The awards’ rigorous judging, auditing and due diligence means the Hervey Bay Seafood Festival’s win has the credence of the tourism sector.
ALSO READ: Four of the best Fraser Coast food stories
When announcing the winners, the Grey Nomad Awards said the festival was a must-attend gourmet experience.
“The Hervey Bay Seafood Festival showcases an array of specialty ‘Signature Seafood’ stalls hosted by some of Hervey Bay’s most renowned restaurants. Other 2021 offerings included delicious food trucks, specialty bars and regional winery stalls, mouth-watering dessert options, jazz-inspired entertainment and the idyllic backdrop that surrounds the Seafront Oval.”
The festival will be held again on Saturday 13 August 2022.
ALSO READ: Hervey Bay among Australia’s best towns
The judges said Grey nomads were critically important to the economy of most regional communities.
“In ensuring the success of this annual festival as a must-visit for grey nomads, Fraser Coast Tourism and Events is supporting every business in and around Hervey Bay while encouraging senior travellers to stay longer in this unique pocket of Australia,” they said.
The Grey Nomad Awards said Australians aged over 55 represent one of the biggest opportunities in domestic tourism recovery.
Awards Director, Kim Morgan said the Awards provide verified information for this important segment, helping guide their decisions on where to visit and what to include on a must-see Australian itinerary in 2022.
“Australians have long enjoyed epic road trips, starting in the post-war period when economic prosperity and the launch of Holden collided. That love of the open road has never dimmed, and with Australia being a big country it’s important to know where to visit to have extraordinary experiences. That’s where the Grey Nomad Awards come into play,” Ms Morgan said.
The judges said, “Community-run events provide an economic lifeline to their communities and many small businesses that benefit. Understanding how the pandemic has placed so many of these events at risk, and the incredible amount of work that goes into the planning of a Festival like this one, we commend Fraser Coast Tourism and Events for taking on the management of the 2021 Hervey Bay Seafood Festival.
“Grey Nomads are looking for authentic experiences that offer comfort, safety and good value for money. Hervey Bay Seafood Festival delivers that in spades,” the judges said.
2021 Grey Nomad Award winners:
- Best of the Best: Point Turton Caravan Park, Yorke Peninsula SA
- Best Grey Nomad Attraction: Paronella Park, Mena Creek, Tropical North QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Historic Attraction: Mary Valley Rattler, Gympie QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Tour: Go Ballooning Gold Coast Hot Air Balloon Flight, Gold Coast QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Trail: Explore Rockhampton Self-Guided Audio Tours App, Central QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Festival or Event: Hervey Bay Seafood Festival, Fraser Coast QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Community Stay: Berri Riverside Holiday Park, Riverlands SA
- Best Grey Nomad Council Free Stay: Kimba Recreation Reserve, Eyre Peninsula SA
- Best Grey Nomad Farm or Station Stay: Charlotte Plains Station, Cunnamulla, Outback QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Pub Stay: The Wellshot Hotel, Ilfracombe, Outback QLD
- Best Grey Nomad Small Caravan Park: Point Turton Caravan Park, Yorke Peninsula SA
- Best Grey Nomad Large Caravan Park: Queens Beach Tourist Village, Bowen QLD
Hashtags: #goodnewsfrasercoast | #frasercoastnews | #frasercoast | #frasercoastbusinessdirectory
Keywords: Good News Fraser Coast | Fraser Coast News | Hervey Bay news | Maryborough news | Fraser Coast Business Directory