THE Maryborough Mural Trail is in the running for another national award.
The trail has been announced as a finalist in the 2021 Australian Street Art Awards.
The 2km trail features dozens of murals painted on walls within the Heritage City.
Each mural helps tell the story of Maryborough and is linked, in some way, to the city.
The trail earned silver in the Best Street Art Trail category in last year’s awards.
Spread out across the CBD, the murals have been credited with helping revitalise the city and attract tourists to Maryborough.
The Australian Street Art Awards said last year people were travelling hundreds of kilometres to view the colourful murals.
Organisers say being announced as a finalist helps emphasise a street art installation or collection’s place within the tourism sector.
Winners of the 2021 Australian Street Art Awards will be announced online on Friday, 4 March.
See all the finalists, listed in alphabetical order, below:
- 2 Kool 4 Skool (John Murray, Lightning Ridge NSW)
- Accessible Cuttlefish Throne (Squashed Cocky, Whyalla SA)
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs (Numerous, Winton QLD)
- Big Rivers Portrait Series (Numerous, Katherine NT)
- Chalk the Walk Newcastle 2021 (Numerous, Newcastle NSW)
- Coral Greenhouse (Jason deCaires Taylor, Townsville QLD)
- Darwin Street Art Festival (Numerous, Darwin NT)
- Dinosaur Canyon (Numerous, Winton QLD)
- Dorothea Mackellar Memorial Mural (Heesco Khosnaran, Gunnedah NSW)
- Fifth Lane Street Art Mackay (Numerous, Mackay QLD)
- Frankston Street Art Walking Tours (Numerous, Frankston VIC)
- Gunimidjina Gwala Daraniki (Denise Quall and Tibby Quall)
- Heesco Town (Heesco Khosnaran, Yarram VIC)
- Kaff-Eine & Mimmim Mural (Kaff-Eine & Mimmim, Darwin NT)
- Kapunda Mural Trail (Numerous, Kapunda SA)
- Lynn Fuller Memorial (Thomas Readett, Londsale SA)
- Memorial Plaza Interactive Murals (Numerous, Corowa NSW)
- Mongolian Light Horsemen Mural (Heesco Khosnaran, Yarram VIC)
- Pelicans on Patrol (Simon McLean, Yeppoon QLD)
- Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe (Numerous, Cottesloe WA)
- Shadforth Lane (Numerous, Darwin, NT)
- Southern YP Water Tower Mural Trail (Numerous, Southern Yorke Peninsula SA)
- Stanley – The Big Bird (John Murray, Lightning Ridge NSW)
- SWELL Sculpture Festival (Numerous, Currumbin QLD)
- The Horsepower Highway – GNP360 (Numerous, Gnowangerup WA)
- The Maryborough Mural Trail (Numerous, Maryborough QLD)
- Tongala Street Art Discovery Trail (Numerous, Tongala VIC)
- Un[contained] Arts Festival (Numerous, Kogarah, NSW)
- Urunga Mural (David Bromley, Urunga NSW)
- Vincent Lingiari Memorial Mural (Jesse Bell, Darwin NT)
- Walgett Water Tower Mural (Jenny McCracken and Frank Wright, Walgett NSW)
- Wind Dance (Sarah Boese, Kingston SE SA)
Have you walked the Maryborough Mural Trail? Let us know what you liked the most about it in the comments below.
Hashtags: #goodnewsfrasercoast | #frasercoastnews | #frasercoast | #frasercoastbusinessdirectory
Keywords: Good News Fraser Coast | Fraser Coast News | Hervey Bay news | Maryborough news | Fraser Coast Business Directory