AND just like that, our little good news website is a whole year old!
Thank you to all of our regular readers, supporters, advertisers and friends – it’s been an exciting year with lots of ups and downs – but thankfully a lot more ups!
Good News Fraser Coast went live on 1 February 2021 and has become a valued source of local news in the region. We always strive to promote the positive instead of focusing on stories that thrive on sensationalism and generate clickbait.
We’ve always said our aim is to break the cycle of bad news online and on social media – and we’re pretty happy with how year one went.
Over the past 12 months Good News Fraser Coast has:
- Achieved more than 170,000 pageviews online according to Google Analytics
- Climbed to the first page of Google through quality and regular content
- Become one of the leading local media outlets on Facebook
- Published hundreds of local news stories promoting the positive in our communities
- Created original content picked up later by larger, better resourced media companies
- Partnered with the region’s leading sports news platform in FC Sports Media
- Had articles re-published in local magazines
- Grown a free online Business Directory
- Attracted advertising clients, lost advertising clients – but thankfully earned a few more
If you haven’t added Good News Fraser Coast to your favourites tab just yet, give it a go.
Over the past 12 months we’ve published exclusive stories with Paralympic medal winners, interviewed up-and-coming local bands and music festivals, promoted epic charity fundraising events, caught a glimpse of glamorous Year 12 formals, chatted with local businesspeople and largely remained out of trouble!
Thanks for all the support!
Hashtags: #goodnewsfrasercoast | #frasercoastnews | #frasercoast | #frasercoastbusinessdirectory
Keywords: Good News Fraser Coast | Fraser Coast News | Hervey Bay news | Maryborough news | Fraser Coast Business Directory