THE first TEDx Youth event to be staged in Queensland takes place on the Fraser Coast this evening.
Nine youth speakers will cover a number of different topics at the Brolga Theatre and Convention Centre in Maryborough from 5pm.
Speakers and topics include:
- Erik Svensson – Student Disengagement…the Teacher’s Challenge.
- Mackenzie Hawken – Acknowledging our local Farmers.
- Daniella Lourigan – Breaking the Stigma of Mental Health
- Laura Davies – Raising awareness and understanding of Autism.
- Ava Wilchek – NPD Narcissistic Personality Disorder – Having that Conversation.
- Jayanna Barratt – Extinction? What’s all the Buzz about?
- Skyla Birch – Let’s Rethink Commercial Fishing.
- Grace Riley – Make a Pledge to Protect the Earth.
- Jade Macnamara – How Mindfulness is the Key to Happiness.
TEDx is a program of local, self-organised events that are designed to bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
While the TED Conference provides some general guidance for the program, individual TEDx events are self-organised.
TED Talks operate under the banner of ‘ideas worth spreading’.
For more information on tonight’s TEDx Youth@SMCMBH program, click here.
Hashtags: #goodnewsfrasercoast | #frasercoastnews | #frasercoast | #frasercoastbusinessdirectory
Keywords: Good News Fraser Coast | Fraser Coast News | Hervey Bay news | Maryborough news | Fraser Coast Business Directory