THE Maryborough music scene is in for a treat with The TEN Tenors set to perform in the Heritage City in July.
The group will entertain at the Brolga Theatre on July 4.
The show forms part of The TEN Tenors’ nationwide 25th anniversary tour.
After waiting patiently for more than a year to wow crowds due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Australia’s premier vocal group will pack 25 years of fun into each show along the 22-city tour.
The tour gets underway in Brisbane on July 1 before travelling across the continent until early August.
Organisers say the tour is a blessing for fans across Australia and a much-anticipated return to the stage for the group.
In 25 years The TEN Tenors have:
- Sold over 2.8 million concert tickets worldwide
- Sold over 1.2 million albums worldwide
- Recorded 15 studio albums
- Scored 7 gold/platinum albums/DVD
- Headlined over 2500 performance globally
- Toured and performed in 34 countries (so far)
- Performed at over 1500 private and corporate events
- Helped raise over $11,250,000 for charities
- Raised over $645,000 for children’s hospital charities from the sale of their festive album “Our Christmas Wish” in Australia and the USA.
The TEN Tenors are itching to connect with old and new fans with a show that revisits the full history of the group’s catalogue of 15 albums and over 4,000 live performances.
The song list will feature all the favourites including Bohemian Rhapsody, Hallelujah, Perfect, In my Life, Here’s to the Heroes, Pearl Fishers Duet, Funiculì, Funiculà, Largo AL Factotum and, of course, Nessun Dorma. Plus – their three most requested medleys.
This concert tour will be a celebration of one of Australia’s longest running and most enduring musical groups, who have come a long way since their first performance (where they had a repertoire of only four songs) – and they have lots of stories to tell from over the years.
“The camaraderie and feeling of being a Tenor can be likened to the combination of the best parts of a strong family bond and a secret society rolled in to one,” said producer and long-time manager of The TEN Tenors, D-J Wendt.
“I think that’s why the group has gone from strength to strength over the past 25 years. It’s hard work, sometimes even gruelling. But it’s also so much fun, it gives you incredible experiences and memories and it gets into your blood.”
- Warsaw 2012 with a live audience of 85,000 people (for one of our young tenors at the time it was his first ever concert performance with the group);
- A concert at The Royal Albert Hall with the London Philharmonic Orchestra and John Barry conducting 2006;
- A private party in Petra for the King of Jordan and 100 other dignitaries in 2007;
- A 60th birthday party for a Dutch billionaire who flew 150 of his close friends on a private charter to Dubai for a week-long party in 2019.
- The group is the highest selling act in the history of the legendary McCallum Theatre in Palm Desert CA. Surpassing the previous highest seller (Barry Manilow) by 10 shows.
Don’t miss out on your chance to catch The TEN Tenors in your home town. Tickets will be made available according to the below dates:
Pre-sale from Friday 5th March – Monday 8th March.
General on sale from Tuesday 9th March.
Tickets available, here.
Full tour itinerary:
Thursday 1 July – Brisbane
Friday 2 July – Caloundra
Saturday 3 July – Toowoomba
Sunday 4 July – Maryborough (Brolga Theatre)
Monday 5 July – Bundaberg
Wednesday 7 July – Rockhampton
Thursday 8 July – Mackay
Friday 9 July – Townsville
Saturday 10 – July Cairns
Wednesday 14 July – Narre Warren
Thursday 15 July – Frankston
Friday 16 July – Melbourne
Sunday 18 July – Canberra
Wednesday 21 July – Adelaide
Friday 23 July – Perth
Saturday 24 July – Bunbury
Sunday 25 July – Mandurah
Wednesday 28 July – Newcastle
Thursday 29 July – Sydney
Friday 30 July – Wollongong
Saturday 31 July – Rooty Hill
Sunday 1 August – Port Macquarie