THE Maryborough Police Patrol Group is looking to expand its Volunteers in Policing (ViP) program.
The program involves local volunteers working with police to address customer service, community safety and crime prevention needs within the community.
Senior Constable Melanie Ryan said ViPs undertake a range of duties including:
- Liaising with community groups and participating in community-based activities.
- Conducting home security assessments and property identification.
- Participating in crime prevention initiatives.
- Offering referrals to other agencies.
- Assisting other police officers – like prosecutions and court processes.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- 18-years-old or older.
- Willing to participate in a mandatory training program.
- Be prepared to participate in the ViP program for at least 12 months.
- Be medically fit to perform duties inside and outside the police station – like walking, delivering home security information.
- Agree to the Queensland Police Service conducting a national criminal history check.
Snr Const Ryan urged those who would like to take part in the program to download the application form from the Queensland Police website.
Please complete and return to the Maryborough Police Station, Attention: Crime Prevention Unit -Email DCPC.Maryborough@police.qld.gov.au.
Applications must be received by the close of business on 12 March 2021.